Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 5 - June 10, Wednesday morning

The day started off great as I got a very nice compliment over breakfast from someone whom we all consider the "godfather of acro". Out of nowhere, he said, "I watched your synchro run yesterday and your tumble was beautiful - it looked like how we do it when we make the Infinite." Whoa!

Then, as we watched this tumble on video, he gave me a key tip on how to keep the wing going to infinite which prompted the comp leader to say jokingly, "Man, don't help the enemy!"

Maybe all the practice I make at Mussel Rock, all the money I've spent in towing, and all the time I spend visualizing my tricks is paying off and being noticed by my acro peers?

Lately, my other-than-paragliding-life hasn't been the greatest with many disappointments and heartaches. On this morning, though, I felt absolutely amazing.

Too bad the day didn't end there! : )

No comments: