Monday, January 14, 2008

This is the year

So the last time I blogged I was in Europe reflecting on how I didn't qualify for the Vertigo. Well, it's a new year and I've made some huge decisions.

The biggest one is that I'll be moving to Europe for the entire summer to compete in the acro circuit. The big event this year is the Mundials taking place in Norway this August.

To get back in form,
this past weekend I did my first tow session of the year. I specifically worked on my left side helico, switch helico (twister), helico to SAT, and SAT to helico. While I was able to do many left helicos, 1 solid twister, and 1 solid SAT to helico, I found the helico to SAT a little more challenging. With my recent brakeline shortening (3-4 in. at least), I need to be more subtle and pull less on tricks. Plus, the shorter travel will get me ready for the FLX, which almost has no travel whatsoever.

I have 4 major yet simple goals for my acro flying for 2008:

1) Be the first American to do the Infinitron. (And everything else before it.)
2) Achieve a world-ranking in the first Cat2 event in June.
3) Compete in the Mundials and be the highest U.S. finisher.
4) Be the best acro pilot in the U.S.

To achieve all 4 goals will be very difficult but not unreachable. By March, I'll have the FLX which will allow me to do all the tricks and no excuses.

I'm f-ing going for it, man.

I'll be heading to Valle this week to get some XC flying during Monarca (not competing though) and, since I'm bringing the 6907 . . . . it's more acro practice!




3 comments:

loren said...

Did you just listen to a motivational tape? haha.

Kidding. Go for it man. I'm behind ya all the way.

Nova Dasalla said...

Oh shit . . . . didn't know anyone read my blog.

Thanks, Tomo.

No Vegas for us next week.

Harry said...

I think he listened to more than one tape...

Seriously though, you can do it Nova. Just don't look at the ground. Right?