Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Better, Not Perfect

The coast has just been sick lately.

Over the last couple of weeks, we've flown around 7 - 8 days and I've been getting in 4-5 hour practice days with at least 25 - 30 refills each session. While I don't have my left helicos comp-ready yet, thanks to these awesome days I know I'll have it soon. My goal each day is not to get them perfect, but to just get them better. With spring here and the flying simply awesome so far, I'm ahead of schedule as far as nailing my left helicos. Interspersed with the lefties, I'm mixing in some righties and stopping them on a dime, which prepares me for twisters (switch helicos). Once the lefties are solid, the twister comes next. Sometimes I'm able to get high and far enough from the cliff that I can practice some combo moves such as the helico-SAT and even the helico-helico. But one combo trick I haven't tried yet is the SAT-helico which I'll start soon, provided I have the distance.

If I can nail these tricks on the coast in April, then I can focus on the rhythmic and the infinitron when I go towing. If I can put together a rhythmic-infinitron-SAT-twister routine, that would be absolutely sick.

But I need to dial in the leftside helicos first.

Today was hilarious because while I was in the air, the fire department came. I'm sure one of the caring neighbors at Westlake saw me in helico and I thought I was in trouble when I disappeared below the cliff and out-of-sight. Oops.

I think this is #3 for me this season.

No comments: