Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Bad . . . .

These aren't really THAT bad, but just some minor disappointments:

- I don't get to go FLYPA this year with Team Ozone. Since I'm still a relative unknown in Europe, the organizers didn't want to pay for another US plane ticket to Tenerife. (There are 3 going already.) I saw the list of who's going and one of them is a BASE jumper which would make 2 and 1 paragliding pilot. I guess someone would rather pay to see more BASE jumping than acro paragliding . . . . whatev. Hopefully I'll change their minds after this summer.

- The 2008 World Acro Championships at Vertigo Voss, Norway has been cancelled. The organizers just couldn't get the sponsors together. While it's disappointing that I won't get a chance to get a world ranking this summer, what's more disconcerting is that they couldn't get sponsors in Norway where "extreme" sports are very popular. Thankfully, the other comps are still happening or else my trip would be a bust.

As I mentioned, just setbacks. Other than these, life is just fucking great.


No comments: