Friday, August 17, 2007

Off to Europe

Believe it or not, I might actually get to bed by midnight. I shouldn't really be proud of this since I had the entire week to pack . . . . oh well.

I haven't experienced much excitement this week regarding the trip, but now that Ayumi and I are leaving tomorrow, it's starting to hit me. I've never been to the "main" Europe - as I like to call it - which to me means Spain, England, France, and Italy. (I played baseball for a few weeks in '91 Holland and Denmark.)

I'm still amazed I'm actually going, especially to compete in an acro comp. Speaking of which, the Vertigo organizers FINALLY put up the list of pilots. Surprisingly absent is my teammate, Felix Rodriguez, who I thought for sure was gonna be there. Also absent are the American "Acro Twins", Timothy and Anthony Green who typically fly the synchro portion of comps. My spider sense tells me that they've all been around enough so perhaps they can just compete as "walk-ons", which isn't exactly fair. Besides, many of the big names are registered so what's their deal? Are they really not competing?

With the twins' absence, I'll be the only American going and the only one flying an Ozone . . . . nice pressure, eh?

No comments: