Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ciao Interlaken!

Tonight's my last night in my European home-away-from home.

I wish I could say that Interlaken blew me a farewell kiss with great weather the last few days but that definitely wasn't the case. Instead, we got the first "winter storm" of the year with an expected snow level of 1800 meters . . . . that's only 200 meters above Murren where just a few days ago I was launching in a t-shirt and knicker pants!

What the f--k am I still doing here?????

I feel bad for Ayumi. The first part of her vacation here was spectacular and picturesque; however, the second part had her wishing for the warmer weather of northern Pacifica! Yep, it's f--king cold here right now - be thankful you're in 65 degree Bay Area weather.

We're not even supposed to be in Interlaken right now. We were supposed to be in Monte Generoso, CH for an acro training camp over Lake Lugano, which is right on the border to Italy. This was organized by an FAI judge, Claudio Cattaneo, whose trying to give exposure to his site. I was really looking forward to trying some Infinites from the Rhythmic SAT, but because of the forecast for 1200% chance of rain, he had to postpone it for another 2 weeks.

So, Ayumi and I are heading straight to Lake Como tomorrow for a few days, then she leaves on Tuesday morning for SF. After I drop her off at Malapensa airport, I head to France to hopefully fly Verel for a few days with Lou Marck (Cyrille Marck's brother), before going to Coupe Icare.

My trip is coming to an end, and honestly, I'm glad. In fact, I wish I could leave with Ayumi on Tuesday! I'm really tired of camping and not having the comforts that I have at home. In addition, I really miss flying at Mussel Rock! I know that sounds crazy, but even with all the places I've trained at in Europe - and I've been to almost all of the top places! - "The Dumps" is still my favorite!

While I'll never get the height like in Europe, with the exception of Organya, there's no other place where you can fly for 6 hours straight and get 30 - 40 refills in smooth air!

Actually . . . . I'm full of sh*t.

Mussel Rock sucks.






No comments: