Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Interlaken, CH

Hey all -

Ayumi told me that some of the guys are complaining that I haven't updated my blog, so . . . . sorry!

I've been in Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen valley since Saturday and have been very busy every day shooting and helping the athletes on my team with their shoots for the Nissan Outdoor Games. It's pretty awesome working with such high-level athletes who are absolutely sick in their respective sports. It's not until the end of the night that we get to see the day's footage of a teammate. What's hilarious is that we all say, "Man, that's just crazy . . . . I'd never do something that scary" when some of us wingsuit 50 ft by rocks or climb 10 pitches in a day or tumble over glider 20 times. We all get excited seeing what others do.

The peer respect is amazing.

My paragliding partner is Gabor Kezi from www.justacro.com and today we took some footage of him doing the infinity, while Loren did the camera work on a tandem. Tomorrow they will take footage of me doing some stuff so hopefully I won't f*ck it up! : )

Re Vertigo, I found out from Gabor that I totally could've competed despite the fact that the organizers sent me an email saying the contrary. He had some friends who got the same email and were pissed that they didn't go. All the BS about "we're only taking the top 30" is just that . . . . f*cking BS. This is the biggest comp of the year and they couldn't even get the top guys to show up. Now I know to never believe the hype and just show up. F*cking pisses me off, man, 'cause I was in Chamonix and I EASILY could've gone.

ANYWAYS, I have a ranking now! It's WAY down there (#91), but hey . . . . I'm in the system! It can only get better from here, right?

Hope my boys back at Mussel Rock are having fun without me. I hear that Arnel will be helping Ayumi on the radio . . . . WTF??????






2 comments:

**aViV** said...

AWESOME!!! We can't believe that our Uncle Nova is ranked #97 in the whole, ENTIRE WORLD!! That is so COOL!! We're telling all our friends! We hope to see you soon!! Fly safe!!

--------Keanu and Caillou

Harry said...

How's the Outdoor Games going?

Send us a link to some video clips when you get some.

It's been flyable nearly everyday for a little while now. Finally!

Harry