Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chamonix

After a brief trip back to Pacifica, I'm now in Chamonix for a few days.

Here's what happened in the last few weeks:

- From Norway/Frankfurt, I drove to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland to take part in an Ozone photo shoot. It was non-stop for 2 days from the day I arrived to the day I left, and was more work than fun since I didn't get to free fly much.

- I was asked by Matt to be part of the Nissan Outdoor Games taking place in Interlaken. This is basically 5 teams consisting of BASE jumpers, rock climbers, MTBers, paragliders, and kayakers with their own photographer and videographer who are trying to make the most extreme video they can in 5 days. They also had this during the past winter in Chamonix. I'll be on Team IBEX.

- Driving from CH to FR, Loren and I were stopped at border control and thoroughly searched for any evidence of drugs. (All I can say is that they found no evidence of drug trafficking.) We sat and watched as they went through every pocket and opened any zipper they could find. Not even the engine was spared!

Vertigo in Villeneuve is happening this week but, unfortunately, I don't get to compete since I'm not in the top 30. But, I do get to compete in Paranoia Acrobatixx in Zell Am See, Austria. I was selected along 4 others as a "newcomer acro pilot". Since I'm now ranked, I won't have to do a safety selection flight . . . . I hope!

I've got some new photos up although they're not in chronological order. Enjoy!





No comments: