Thursday, June 19, 2008

Run 3

After getting an email in the morning from Ayumi of a family member who was gravely ill, my focus was elsewhere as we began the comp at 10 a.m. to take advantage of the clear weather.

Here was my program:

1) Rhythmic SAT: Definitely got the wing to start tumbling but I don't think I got to 135 degrees,
2) Helico: Unlike the previous runs, couldn't do it. As I've always said, you can't helico w/out a proper parachutal, so this caused the failure.
3) Helico - SAT: Got the wing to helico, but it was super-stable, therefore the SAT wasn't clean.
4) MIsty Flip (R): Not a great one, wing wasn't full open and didn't have good amplitude.
5) Misty Flip (L): Same as above.

Landing: Nice foot drag, but came up short again. WATER!!!!!

All-in-all, it was my worst run. Not sure if it was because the news I received in the morning or what, but I definitely wasn't into it and it showed.

For some reason, the judges scored me for attempting/doing the MIsty-Tumble for the last 2 tricks when I only wrote Misty Flip. This is obviously a harder trick so I got higher coefficients for it and, thus, the score had more weight. After Run 3, I slipped back to 8th overall.

No comments: